After weeks and weeks of speculation, rumors and crazy concept videos, images and what not, the new iPhone 4s has now been released. Thew new iPhone – definitely an evolutionary model of the iPhone 4 contains a set of new features that in our opinion is simply catching up with the competition; or dare we say, a fixed iPhone 4!
Here’s everything you need to know about the iPhone 4S!
- Two colors: Black and white
- Three capacities: 16GB, 32GB and a new 64GB flavor
- Pre-orders start October 7, shipping October 14
- Weight up 3 g to 140 g!
- Each handset is combined GSM and CDMA. Also, 14.4Mbps HSPA (up from the 7.2Mbps of the iPhone 4)
- Dual-core A5 processor
- Improved antenna
- Updated 8 megapixel (3264×2448 resolution) rear camera (up from 5 megapixels on the iPhone 4) featuring improved light sensitivity and featuring 5 lens elements and 33% faster capture (faster than the HTC Sensation, Galaxy S and Droid Bionic)
- Video recording up to 1080p (from 720p and 30fps) with image stabilization
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Talk-time battery life up to 8 hours (up from 7 hours for the iPhone 4) BUT standby tine down to 200 hours (from 300 hours for the iPhone 4)
- Siri voice control … (seems cool but only time will tell how good this actually is) supports – English (U.S., UK, and Australian), French, German
- iOS 5 out October 12 … free to all (iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod touch 3rd/4th gen)
- Revamped iPod nano (multitouch screen, new clock faces …)