Building on the successful launch of The Emirates App for iPad earlier this year, Emirates airline has now increased its mobile presence with the launch of The Emirates App for iPhone on the App Store.
Already the most popular travel app in 25 countries with a 4.5 star rating, The Emirates App for iPhone has enhanced features such as the ability to check-in and download their boarding pass directly to Passbook. The App also features push notifications for check-in, flight boarding, gate changes, and baggage belt numbers, greatly improving the travel experience by proactively alerting customers to critical travel information.
Customers can directly download the App or visit the App Store and search for ‘Emirates’. The Emirates App for iPhone also makes it easier for Emirates customers to manage every aspect of their booking, whether on the road, in the air or in the comfort of their homes. They can book flights, select seats and meals, manage their Emirates Skywards frequent flyer accounts, check in online, and download their boarding pass directly from the app, amongst other features.
Personal flight details, credit cards information, and product and service information are stored in the app, so users can view it offline too.
“There is no doubt that our customers increasingly want to use their mobile devices and tablets to book and manage their travel. The Emirates App has been designed to address their needs, and make it easier and more convenient to interact with Emirates via their mobile devices,” said Boutros Boutros, Divisional Senior Vice President Corporate Communications, Marketing and Brand at Emirates.
“We have seen tremendously positive response to both our iPad and iPhone apps to date. Downloads and usage figures continue to rise, and feedback has been good. iPhone represents the majority of the mobile traffic to our web sites, and therefore we have launched on iOS first. Work is underway for an Android version, even as we continue to look at new features for our iPad and iPhone apps.”
With The Emirates App, users can:
- Book flights and view their personal travel itinerary on the go.
- Store and use their boarding pass offline with Passbook integration
- Get push alerts for chauffeur-drive service, flight boarding, seat selection, gate changes, baggage belt numbers (Dubai) and check-in
- Manage every aspect of their booking, from seat selection to dietary requirements. This feature is particularly useful for our frequent flyers who can see all of their future trips in one place – and for personal assistants who plan their manager’s travel.
- Book complimentary Chauffeur-drive service for First Class and Business Class travellers
- Register for Emirates Skywards membership through the app. Start collecting Skywards Miles as they fly, view their balance and history and use their Miles to pay for flights and upgrades.