Toshiba has just amazed a lot of people with the release of their new Toshiba TG01 with a HUGE 4.1-inch screen with a WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) resolution. This is obviously their attempt to take a bit out of the Apple’s iPhone. This phone (apparently available in black and white models) runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 with a Qualcomm Snapdragon platform, which essentially makes it the first phone running on this configuration. The TG01 has a customized 3D user interface to add a little spice to the mix. The Mobile Internet Device is powered by a 1GHz mobile CPU.
Aside from its HUGE display and a slim 9.9mm thick body, this GSM handset is quite well equipped too with features that include –
* Internal GPS with A-GPS
* Bluetooth 2.0
* EDGE/GPRS and 3G with HSDPA support
* 512MB internal memory with up to 32GB for external via MicroSD cards
* 3.2 megapixel camera
* Support for DivX video playback.
* Internet Explorer Mobile 6 with full support for Flash and a virtual track pad for web navigation
* Shake control for specific features as well as an accelerometer for screen rotation
Other than that Toshiba and Qualcomm have claimed that the TG01 will actually be able to go for a whole day without recharging thanks to the CPU’s dynamic speed control. It’ll hit Europe later this year through exclusive operator deals. There’s no pricing mentioned yet so stay tuned.