Some information about the new USB 3.0 h(Also known as USP Superspeed) ave just been released.
- USB 3.0 is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Maximum transfer rate of 4.8Gbps.
- Cables and connectors will be backward compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0.
- Thicker cable because it will have 5 additional lines
- Separate data lines for uploads/downloads. This allows for faster sending and receiving data, therefore also allowing you to read and write to the device at the same time!
- USB 3.0 cables also carry more power, and therefore you will be able to use more than 4 devices on a non powered usb hub, and also it will charge your devices (like iPods, mobile phones etc…) faster!